The media plays an essential role in the dissemination of credible, accurate information in the wake of a disaster. To facilitate breaking news and coverage of past disasters, we are a regular source of insights on the full arc of the disaster lifecycle, from disaster planning and response to preparedness and philanthropy, both in the United States and internationally.
Topics we address include:
- Ongoing disasters: such as the Ebola Crisis and the humanitarian disasters such as the one taking place in Syria
- Past disasters: such as Hurricane Sandy, Typhoon Haiyan, Hurricane Katrina and the Indian Ocean Tsunami
- Disaster philanthropy: giving patterns across disaster types and specific disasters
- Disaster grantmaking: identifying funding needs before, during and after a disaster
- Financial stewardship: how NGOs must meet the needs of donors’ in their expenditures
For media inquiries, please contact Kathy Gutowsky at 812-679-9353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.