The Center for Disaster Philanthropy recognizes the essential role that the media plays in the dissemination of credible, accurate information in the wake of disaster. We see our role as one responsible for helping the media understand disasters and disaster philanthropy. Topics we can address include the following:
- Ongoing disasters: such as the Ebola Crisis and the humanitarian disasters such as the one taking place in Syria
- Past disasters: such as Hurricane Sandy, Typhoon Haiyan, Hurricane Katrina and the Indian Ocean Tsunami
- Disaster philanthropy: giving patterns across disaster types and specific disasters
- Disaster grantmaking: identifying funding needs before, during and after a disaster
- Financial stewardship: how NGOs must meet the needs of donors’ in their expenditures
For media inquiries, please contact Chip Lewis at 202-213-8939.