The “Hurricane Irma: What Funders Should Know” webinar gathered several expert panelists to provide updates on U.S. damages and the situation throughout the Caribbean, and ways funders can address recovery needs.
Please see the detailed webinar summary report and the recording below to learn more about recovery challenges and opportunities.
Also, for specific guidelines on how to address a list of humanitarian priorities, please see this UN OCHA business guide for the humanitarian response to Hurricane Irma.
Program panelists included:
- Liz Gibson, Individual Assistance and Voluntary Agency Liaison Section Chief, FEMA
- Cathy Howard, CAPALAC, UN OCHA
- Sherry Magill, President, Jessie Ball duPont Fund
- Rebecca Mandelman, Vice President for Strategy and Engagement, Miami Foundation
- Robert McFalls, President and CEO, Florida Philanthropic Network
For more information, please see the Hurricane Irma disaster profile.