Title: Associate, Center for Disaster Philanthropy
Position Type: Part-Time, Contract
Location: United States
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy (CDP) is looking to hire an Associate to support the consulting clients that the Center for Disaster Philanthropy serves.
Research & Analysis
- Collaborate with the consulting services team to conduct background research on project topics in support of client projects and meetings
- Schedule and transcribe notes from interviews with subject experts
- Produce visual representations of research findings, such as Excel charts, PowerPoint slide decks, and infographics
Communications & Deliverable Development
- Support the drafting, revising, and formatting of client reports, presentations, memos, and correspondence
- Assist in convening planning on behalf of clients, including agenda development, speaker preparation, and participant management
- Provide logistical support for client meetings and conferences held on behalf of clients
Project Support & Administration
- Schedule interviews and coordinate conference calls, webinars, and focus groups
- Transcribe notes for external and internal meetings
- Provide additional administrative support as necessary
- Use existing CDP platforms (Redbooth & Hatchbuck), to manage project flow
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience or a combination of equivalent experience and education;
- Experience working with a mission driven organization;
- Experience with project management platforms (Redbooth/Hatchbuck);
- Extremely strong attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one’s work;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Home office, access to internet, cell phone.
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Kindness and compassion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to deadlines and detail
- Sense of humor
The Associate will report to CDP’s Senior Associate and will work closely with CDP’s Vice President.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2018. Veterans and persons from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy (CDP) is an exciting venture that is changing the face of emergency-related grant-making, moving it from a reactive and emotion-driven response, to one focused on increasing the effectiveness of the private donor’s dollar for the good of affected communities worldwide. By providing donors with the tools they need to make decisions to support disaster preparedness, relief and recovery, CDP brings more private philanthropic money to disaster response efforts and channels those funds in an innovative and strategic manner. CDP offers three distinct services to donors: 1) Promotion of learning and information through a website and interactive portal, webinars and convenings; 2) mechanisms for pooling resources with a unique preparedness, risk reduction and recovery focus; and 3) custom consulting services to help donors be more strategic in their giving.