Strategic Plan 2023-2025
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy’s new strategic plan builds on successes, lessons learned and progress from the past years to help strengthen communities before and after disasters.
We mobilize philanthropy to strengthen the ability of all communities to withstand disasters and recover equitably when they occur.
CDP’s reach and impact through its educational resources, consulting services and grantmaking have continued to grow since its founding more than 13 years ago. As natural hazards and humanitarian crises persist and devastate communities worldwide, we will build on our successes, lessons learned and vital partnerships with community members to amplify our impact and move us closer to achieving our mission.
In alignment with our vision, commitment to racial and intersectional equity and organizational values, five goals will guide our work for the next three years.
Our primary goals are to:
- Advance the equitable and long-term recovery of marginalized communities before and after a disaster.
- Increase CDP's visibility, reputation and influence as a trusted expert in philanthropy.
- Be the leading expert in support of equitable recovery for marginalized communities at risk of or affected by disasters.
- Continue our transformation toward becoming an anti-racist organization.
- Strengthen CDP's organizational capacity.
A message to our community
Imagine a world where the impact of disasters is minimized by thoughtful, equitable and responsible recovery for all. CDP’s new strategic plan that builds on past successes and lessons learned is another step toward this reality.
We want to hear from you
We look forward to partnering with our donors, clients, grantee partners and community stakeholders to realize a world where the impact of disasters is minimized by thoughtful, equitable and responsible recovery for all.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.