Other ways to support disaster recovery

Help communities in the U.S. and worldwide recover stronger after disasters.

Susan Van Horn shows Paid In Full sign for her new home
Susan Van Horn holding up PAID IN FULL sign for her new home during a NVCF Welcome Home event.

Never before has the world faced disasters and humanitarian crises of such frequency and intensity.

Your partnership is an opportunity to support ongoing needs long after attention has turned away from a disaster. Your support can be a source of hope for survivors.

Here are ways to support equitable disaster recovery worldwide.

Make an online gift or become a monthly donor

Help CDP lead disaster philanthropy and inspire effective, equitable recovery. Support CDP

Support CDP Disaster Recovery Funds

Support strategic, medium- and long-term recovery that builds stronger communities. You can do so through CDP’s disaster-specific funds. Or you can support CDP recovery funds for domestic and global disasters. These funds provide flexibility as new disasters arise.




Wire transfers and stock gifts

To learn how to donate via a bank wire transfer or a gift of stocks, please email our Development Team at development@disasterphilanthropy.org.

You can also find information about donating stocks.

Gifts of retirement assets

Giving part or all of your unused retirement assets, such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or another tax-deferred plan, is an excellent way to make a gift to CDP.

Learn more about Qualified Charitable Distributions.

Donor-advised funds

Support CDP by giving directly from your donor-advised fund via your fund manager or through DAF Direct or the PayPal Giving Fund.

Planned giving

Provide long-lasting support for medium to long-term disaster recovery while enjoying financial benefits for yourself. Planned gifts include bequests through a will or living trust, beneficiary designations of a retirement plan or life insurance policy, or a deferred gift that will provide an income for life, such as a charitable gift annuity or a charitable trust.

For more information, please contact the Development Team and submit this form.

Employee matching gift programs

Increase your gift’s impact through your employer matching gift program.

Employee Giving Pages

Is your company interested in a dedicated, branded giving page for your employees or other constituents to use to support disaster recovery? CDP is happy to create a giving page on our website in partnership with you to support one of our disaster recovery funds. Please contact the development team to learn more.


Give cryptocurrency through our partners at Endaoment.

Host a company-branded donation page

The fundraising page enables your employees to support domestic and international disaster relief efforts. Please contact the Development Team for more information.

Mail a check or money order

Send a gift by mail to:
Development Team
Center for Disaster Philanthropy
One Thomas Circle, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005

More ways to give

There are many ways to make a philanthropic impact at the Center for Disaster Philanthropy. Maybe your workplace is hosting a giving campaign, or you have stocks and mutual funds to gift, or perhaps you are thinking long-term and want to include CDP in your planned giving. We are here to help!

Please contact the Development Team at development@disasterphilanthropy.org with any questions about donating to CDP.

EIN: 45-5257937

Read our Donor Privacy Policy.

Fundraising Disclosures:

Center for Disaster Philanthropy, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to transforming disaster giving by providing timely and thoughtful strategies to increase donors’ impact during domestic and international disasters located at One Thomas Circle, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005 (202)-464-2018 and encourages requests for financial and other information about its purpose, programs and activities that can be obtained by contacting it. Charity may be exempt from registration as a charitable organization in a number of states, however, if it is required to comply with laws related to charitable contributions, residents of the following states may obtain information as follows:

Florida: #CH-41262 A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA, www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com). Georgia: A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at the office and phone number indicated above. Illinois: Contracts and reports regarding the charity are on file with the Illinois Attorney General. Maryland: For the cost of postage and copying, from the Secretary of State,16 Francis St., Annapolis, MD 21401 1-410-974-5534 (1-800-825-4510 within Maryland). Michigan: MICS# 51189 Mississippi: The official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. New York: New York residents may obtain a copy of CDP’s annual report by writing to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, NY, NY 10271. North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-888-830-4989 (within North Carolina) or (919) 814-5570 (outside of North Carolina). Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of CDP may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Virginia: A financial statement for the most recent fiscal year is available upon request from the Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond VA 23218; 1-804-786-1343. Washington: A Notice of solicitation required by law is on file with the Washington Secretary of State, Charities Division, Olympia WA 98504. You may obtain additional financial disclosure information by contacting the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483. West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE DEDUCTIBLE FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.


Every new and increased gift in September will be matched dollar for dollar, thanks to a generous donor. Your gift today will help disaster-affected communities worldwide.

Double your impact now