I’m pleased to announce that we’ve launched a request for proposals through the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund (the Fund). Interested organizations are encouraged to apply for funding.
The Fund’s purpose is to support medium and long-term needs, especially programs that support vulnerable populations, fill in gaps where public resources are unavailable or scarce, and promote and facilitate collaborative relationships among funders and responding organizations.
The Fund’s Grant Committee has determined that funding will focus on the areas of
- food security
- health and mental health needs of older adults
- livelihoods and economic recovery for communities
Applicants will be asked to demonstrate how projects support these criteria and further show resiliency, innovation and cross-sector support of vulnerable populations.
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy is extraordinarily thankful to the grant committee for their time, expertise, and creativity. The committee includes:
- Committee Chair: Lori J. Bertman, President and CEO of the Baton Rouge- based Irene W. and C.B. Pennington Foundation. Lori is the Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board of CDP.
- Brennan Banks, Operations Manager, Hurricane Irma, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Dee Baecher-Brown, President, Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands
- Janice Petrovich, Executive Director, Red de Fundaciones de Puerto Rico
- Sara Moffitt, Program Officer, Crown Family Philanthropies
- Javier E. Zapata-Rodríguez, Deputy Director for Economic Development, PathStone Enterprise Center
- Bob Ottenhoff, President and CEO of the Center for Disaster Philanthropy
Click here to learn more about the RFP process.
We are hopeful that organizations actively working on recovery efforts across Puerto Rico and the Caribbean will submit their letters of intent by July 13, 2018. Questions about this LOI or RFP process should be directed to Natalie Worthan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.