The media plays an essential role in the dissemination of credible, accurate information in the wake of a disaster.
To facilitate breaking news and coverage of past disasters, we are a regular source of insights on the full arc of the disaster lifecycle, from disaster planning and response to preparedness and philanthropy, both in the United States and internationally.
Topics we address include:
- Ongoing disasters: such as the Ebola Crisis and humanitarian disasters such as the one taking place in Yemen.
- Past disasters: such as Hurricane Harvey, Typhoon Haiyan, Hurricane Sandy and the Indian Ocean Tsunami
- Disaster philanthropy: giving patterns across disaster types and specific disasters
- Disaster grantmaking: identifying funding needs before, during and after a disaster
- Financial stewardship: how NGOs must meet the needs of donors’ in their expenditures
For media inquiries, please contact Kristina (“Yna”) Moore, senior director of marketing and communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-583-5325.