Hurricane Dorian | Airlink
The third and final Google-supported grant in The Bahamas went to Airlink’s Hurricane Dorian – Sustainable Last Mile Airlift to coordinate and subsidize air logistics for humanitarian organizations. Airlink worked with Bahamasair and other inter-island carriers to support 473 flights between Nassau, Freeport, Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay, helping organizations access hard-to-procure flights and, as a result, deliver aid to those directly affected by the hurricane.
- 932 staff and volunteers provided with free flights to respond to Hurricane Dorian.
- 2,395,716 hot meals provided over three months.
- 11,236 people provided with temporary shelter assistance.
- 162,452 people provided with clean water and hygiene supplies.
- 110,481 people provided with primary and emergency healthcare services.
- 115,077 people provided with other kinds of assistance, including beneficiaries of cash-based programming, non-food items, telecommunications (WiFi and cell service) and/or local jobs.