What we’re watching: Weekly disaster update, November 28
Critical disaster watch
- 2022 Indonesia Earthquake
- Tornado Outbreak – U.S. Southern Plains
- 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- 2022 Pakistan Floods
- Horn of Africa Hunger Crisis
Native American Heritage Month: Recommendations for funders
A Thanksgiving Message from Our President & CEO
We minimize the impact of disasters through philanthropic consulting, localized funding, expert resources
How We Fund Equitable Disaster Recovery
We provide expert advice, educational resources and expansive networks while managing domestic and international funds on behalf of corporations, foundations and individuals through strategic grantmaking. We focus on all aspects of recovery to strengthen disaster-affected communities, from preparedness and planning to rebuilding and addressing inequities that exacerbate vulnerabilities.
Our active funds
- CDP Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund
- CDP California Wildfires Recovery Fund
- CDP Colorado Wildfires Recovery Fund
- CDP COVID-19 Response Fund
- CDP Disaster Recovery Fund
- CDP Global Hunger Crisis Fund
- CDP Global Recovery Fund
- CDP Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Recovery Fund
- CDP Midwest Early Recovery Fund
- $29.9M Grants awarded in 2021
- 114 Organizations supported in 2021
- 57 Countries aided in recovery
Grantee partner impact highlight
Accelerating hurricane recovery in southwest Louisiana
Support Disaster Recovery
Our partners and donors work with us knowing that our collective efforts help communities recover stronger after disasters.
Your gift will help survivors of wildfires, hurricanes, complex humanitarian emergencies, COVID-19 and other disasters worldwide on the long road to recovery, which often takes months, even years.
Maximize your impact
Leverage our team’s unique combination of frontline and academic experience in disaster response and recovery, humanitarian aid, and philanthropy in your giving.
Discover innovative strategies
The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook is a comprehensive guide on innovative practices to help donors plan for future disasters.