What we’re watching: Weekly disaster update, May 16
Critical disaster watch
Remembering older adults in disaster recovery
Floods kill people, but droughts destroy civilizations
We minimize the impact of disasters through philanthropic consulting, localized funding, expert resources
How We Fund Equitable Disaster Recovery
We provide expert advice, educational resources and expansive networks while managing domestic and international funds on behalf of corporations, foundations and individuals through strategic grantmaking. We focus on all aspects of recovery to strengthen disaster-affected communities, from preparedness and planning to rebuilding and addressing inequities that exacerbate vulnerabilities.
Our active funds
- CDP Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund
- CDP California Wildfires Recovery Fund
- CDP Colorado Wildfires Recovery Fund
- CDP COVID-19 Response Fund
- CDP Disaster Recovery Fund
- CDP Global Recovery Fund
- CDP Haiti Earthquake Recovery Fund
- CDP Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Recovery Fund
- Midwest Early Recovery Fund
- $30M Grants awarded in 2020
- 173 Organizations supported in 2020
- 50+ Countries aided in recovery
Support Disaster Recovery
Our partners and donors work with us knowing that our collective efforts help communities recover stronger after disasters.
Your gift will help survivors of wildfires, hurricanes, complex humanitarian emergencies, COVID-19 and other disasters worldwide on the long road to recovery, which often takes months, even years.
Maximize your impact
Leverage our team’s unique combination of frontline and academic experience in disaster response and recovery, humanitarian aid, and philanthropy in your giving.
Discover innovative strategies
The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook is a comprehensive guide on innovative practices to help donors plan for future disasters.